Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I slept so well last night. I'm feeling all refreshed and in a good mood this morning. The weather has been hot the past several days, but right now it's about 68* and it's only supposed to get up to 93* today. Perfect summer-ish day. Too bad I'm working and can't spend it by the pool. Speaking of, my mil is having a 3-day bbq at her house this weekend, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm hoping maybe we can get over there Saturday and Monday, but at least one day. I'll make sure and take pictures.
We got our AT&T U-verse installed yesterday. It is awesome! I didn't really get a chance to play around with it much, but besides still being able to DVR [up to 4 things at once], we have the yellow pages on our tv [pulls up address, phone#, and map] and yahoo games. Too cool.
Before I go, I wanted to share just how good God is. Randy goes to the 7-Eleven right down the street from his work every night [that he's working] probably around idk, 1-2am...so I guess that'd be morning. Anyways, he always gets a drink and a snack to hold him through the rest of his shift. It's very rare that he doesn't go. So, last night he made his usual trip and drove back to work. Literally five minutes after he left, he was back at work answering a 911 call from 7-11. It had been robbed. When he told me that this morning I stopped right there and just started thanking the Lord. I couldn't stop thinking thank you Lord. Thank you so much for protecting him. He could've been hurt so badly or even killed, but you protected him. Thank you. Thank you. He says he's pretty sure he saw the guy who did it. It was a man walking around kinda acting strange, but he thinks he purposely waited til he left so there'd be no one in the store besides the cashier [who is also uninjured.] God is so good.
I hope you all have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Randy is safe! Tell him to stay away from the 7-11 for a while. Please pray for Kelly he went to the doc today for a spider bite. They gave him a cream for the itching and an antibiotic he has to take for the next 10 days. Other than that we are all good and looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend! Also glad to read that the situation with you MIL is getting better. Will e-mail your address to me We are getting pictures back today of Katy and I want to send some to you! Tell everyone hi for us and have a great weekend!

Heather said...

It's amazing how God puts us in certain places at certain times isn't it? I try to remember that when I'm stuck in traffic or I'm waiting for a train - there just might be a reason I'm somewhere or not somewhere. I'm glad your hubby is safe!