Update from yesterday (Sunday, Jan. 27th):
Today has been a blast.
Of course, I was a little disappointed when we woke up and had no hot water. Ugh. I got over it though. Our services went really well. Have y'all ever heard of Faith Promise Missions?? We have a mission conference every year, where we have 3 different missionaries come to visit and we decide afterwards if we want to support them or not. Our church currently supports 42 missionaries. I'm very proud that we are such a missions-minded church. Anyways Faith Promise Sunday is the Sunday after our mission conference where each person (as they feel led, it's not pushed on anyone) decides what they feel God would have them to give each week towards support for our missionaries. We had our highest amount promised in the history of our church...$101,000!!! I know that might not sound like much for a church to raise over a year, but our church runs under 100 people every week. I think it's amazing and I'm so excited!
Right now Katy, Bradley, Randy, & I are playing Life: Twists & Turns. I LOVE this game! Anyways, I'm off to finish playing, but I also wanted to mention my baby sister, Katy will possibly be engaged soon. Ryan's been in Alabama for work the past two weeks and all he's talked about since he left is getting married. Katy says she thinks he'll be proposing soon. I'm so excited for her!!!
And today:
I had the best weekend! Of course Friday and Saturday were great with celebrating Bradley's birthday twice...once at Olive Garden with friends and once at Cheesecake Factory with family. (Can you believe I lost 3.6 lbs after eating at those places? I did good!) We then spent Saturday and Sunday nights at Nanny & Poppy's. It was so much fun. We love spending time with them and had a blast.
Today I slept in til around 11, then watched All My Children, the news, One Life to Live, and General Hospital. I love my soaps. We had praise team practice tonight and it went really well. It tends to go pretty slow when a certain person is there, but she was sick so it went really quickly tonight. After praise team practice we stopped by Sonic because Katy wanted something sweet, so she and Randy got sweetheart shakes and I tried a Java Chiller. It was good! Then we came to mom and dad's and played Life. We played about two hours. Have I mentioned we love that game?
I'm anxious. This week is the last week for employers to get their W2s out, so I should be getting mine and Randy already has his. I'm ready to know what we're getting back. I know I've mentioned it before, but when Randy got divorced, his work somehow screwed up his deductions, so he owed $4400!! Yeah. So, we just finished paying the rest last year. We're looking forward (and praying for) a nice return this year so we can put some in savings.
I'm also super excited to report that after two weeks of being part of the biggest loser challenge on xanga I've lost 4 lbs. I know it doesn't seem like much, but losing 3.6lbs this week as opposed to only .4 lbs the first week is exciting!
Well, I'm off to finish watching Legends of the Fall with Daddy & Randy. Please continue to pray for Nate, Tricia & Gwyneth. I know specifically right now Tricia just needs some good quality sleep to detox from all the stress going on. It must be so hard to be away from Gwyneth right now, but I know that God will make this difficult time all worth it for them in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment